Summer School or Summer University is a program generally sponsored by a foreign institution or private company that provides lessons and activities during the summer vacation. The students (both local and international) of United International University (UIU), are encouraged to go abroad to join summer school programs to be benefited for their educational progress.
UIU offers the EIT Digital Summer School Program in Europe. To know more, visit the website: https://summerschool.eitdigital.eu/about-summer-school/overview/
Activities during the coursework:
· Pre-arrival online assignment (starter kit) Online course on business and
· Entrepreneurship, 8 Hours course: should be submitted one week before the course start
· Lectures (University professor, Researchers, successful entrepreneurs)
· Project work (Group work but instructed)
· Customer interviews (visit possible customers)
· Site visits to companies/labs (instructed by the professional)
· Socializing events (Expand your international network, learn local culture)
· Pitches and Business Case (each team will pitch their business case, jury and investors will be present and select winner)
· Report (All EIT Digital and those who wish for 4 ECTS from the course)
1. Learning by doing and opportunity to grow your network
As a participant in the Summer School you will work in teams and apply “learning by doing” to develop a mindset and skills for innovation and entrepreneurship. We hope you will take this great opportunity to learn and network with students and professional entrepreneurs from the business and innovation community.
2. Get the competence
Learn how disruptive technologies have an impact on markets and businesses, and how business models are changing.
3. Get the confidence
Learn the different stages of the business development process and how to turn a business idea into a viable go-to-market proposal.
4. Get the soft skills
Teamwork with peers and multidisciplinary professionals, tools and real business challenges will help you implement your learning and bring them home to your own business.
Required documents to complete the application:
i. Passport information page or scanned ID card
ii. Certificate of Enrollment (English)
iii. School transcript (English)
iv. Proof of English (can be an IELTS TOEFL score or a college English score, the school can organize oral interviews and explain the students’ oral skills)
v. Resume (English)
vi. Cover Letter in English (brief why you should register for this project)