In order to apply to United International University as an International student, applicants must submit documents as a proof of the following criteria/records. If the original copy of any record is written in a language other than English, a certified English translation is required to be sending along.
International students particularly who come from other than O- or A-Level system should possess the followings:
- Must have 12 years of schooling for the undergraduate program.
- For admission in BSEEE/BSETE/BSCSE programs, students must have physics and mathematics in A-Level or equivalent.
- Must have 12 years schooling with graduation for admission to the graduate program.
- At least 50% marks or an equivalent grade of their own education system.
- If the applicant’s previous medium of instruction is not English, TOEFL/IELTS scores are required. The minimum acceptable score for TOEFL is 550 (PBT), 160 (CBT), 55 (IBT) and for IELTS is 6.00
- SAT (for undergraduate program) and GRE/GMAT (for graduate program) is preferred.
- Different departments may have some additional requirements.
The following documents have to be submitted with the application:
- Last 3 months bank statement.
- Bank solvency certificate.
The bank statement and the solvency certificate might be either in the applicant’s name or in his/her parent/guardian’s name.
- An applicant must submit a recent health fitness report (particularly HIV, Hepatitis, Yellow fever/Ebola etc. or any contagious diseases) to ensure his/her physical fitness.
- International students are required to get themselves insured for medical coverage including checkups, hospitalization etc. UIU may facilitate the process of insuring with reputable insurance companies in Bangladesh.